Vision Quest

I experienced something yesterday that I hope to repeat several more times in the coming year. I had an amazing, intense encounter with God.
It was my friends suggestion that we pack our bags
(filled with Bibles, pens, notebooks and encouraging reading material) then get alone with God in his creation.
We started very early in the morning and drove out towards Lassen Park.
We shared our struggles, joys, sorrows and some silly things inbetween. We found a short hike in to a couple of beautiful lakes and started out.
Arriving at the lake we split up and I stayed at the first lake while she went over the ridge. I sat on a rock and drank in the sights. This photo shows the amazing view I had. I was ALL ALONE out here!
Totally excited, I opened my bible and for 2 hours was able to journal, pray and just walk around out in this exquisite place.
The Lord challenged me in so many areas. I focused specifically on myself in three parts.
1. Motherhood Walk
2. Wife Walk
3. Life Walk
This morning session was filled with a lot of conviction from the holy spirit and strong direction for some choices I needed to make.
As I finished reading Psalm 139 my friend came back over the ridge. To my amazement she had also finished with Psalm 139. WITH NO PRIOR communication! Isn't God wonderful?
From there we headed out to see the visitors center and soak in some more of the park.
I can't believe I live close to this!

We were ready to begin our alone time round two
and we finally found an amazing little spot tucked in to a picnic area.


It was like something out of a fairy tale, with the stream rushing past. Here it was really about God revealing his love for me. He filled me with joy and I felt totally reassured of his continued hand in my life.
We only spent about an hour at this spot but, the timing just felt right here. Finishing in prayer we left and had dinner in town.

I've seen women's retreats before and though I have nothing against them. Sometimes I think our focus can be shifted from really just connection with God. It can be tempting to let lights, cameras, laughter, action and music really pull us away from just enjoying his presence. Are these things some how evil? In no way. Never again though, will I doubt how lovely it is to just sit and talk with God.

Does this sound interesting to you? You could do it as well. Grab a friend or yourself, pick the day and place. THEN, go do it! Time with God always brings blessing!


No comments: