Van Driving Momma

Lately as we participate in the great spring wrap up for school and activities it feels like I might be spending more time in my van than walking my property.  Although, it means I've memorized all my Mumford And Sons playlist.



As we've been enjoying all this action the moments still have been sweet and silly, My daughter always has time to join me in a crazy pose or two.
Nothing says wedding style like my 6 year old in gorgeous red heels!

The last few weeks have been especially precious in the amount of time Bella and I have spent together. God has been working on my heart to forget the idea of "winning" battles as a parent but, instead to win her heart and forge a relationship with her. Parenting is not about having children who perfectly behave. For me it is about developing both of them as people who love God, and love people. So our time has been especially sweet in this area as we grow to love each other more.














After a bit of the running around we had our amazing friends over for dinner and whilst the children hooted and hollered a rattle was heard. Bella came inside breathing hard. "Snake snake"
So, Dad grabbed his gun and sure enough it was one of the biggest rattlers I've seen. It sure sent chills down my spine. I am an accidental country gal and being raised in the city all this local color is new to me.
I've almost stopped checking the ground each step I take, as my fear subsides now three days later.


May has now turned to June, and with that comes many more fun things. Today my little man graduated from preschool. We've come so far since he was 2.
I am proud of his progress and the Lego boy that he is becoming
The month of June means more time at home for which I am grateful. Days spent in the pool ,cuddling chickens, reading in the sunshine and STARING at that pumpkin on the vine as he grows.
HOWEVER, before all that staying home begins we have to do
one my most anticipated events which is my gal pal being 7! One of our favorite spots in the summer sun is the lake at Whiskeytown.

No comments: